Payoff and General Support
A payoff statement is a document from your current lender that tells us exactly how much we need to pay them in order to bring your balance with them down to $0. This is different from the monthly statement you receive, and is only generated when the borrower requests it from the lender either online or on the phone. Each lender has its own way of generating payoff statements and providing them to their borrowers. Below is a list of select lenders and how to generate payoff statements from them. If your lender is not on this list, we recommend calling them if you are not able to generate a payoff statement on their website.
Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority (UHEAA) Payoff Instructions
- Log on to view your account.
- From the 5 available tabs on the left side of the page, select “View Loan Details.”
- Your (30) day pay-off information should be displayed at the bottom of the page.
South Carolina Student Loan (SCSL) Payoff Instructions
- Visit https://www.scstudentloan.org/.
- Logon to your account by clicking on the “Borrower Login” button in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Click on the “Making a Payment” link and it will list you different pay-off scenario options.
- Look at the 30 day pay-off option.
North Texas Higher Education Authority (NTHEA) Payoff Instructions
- Login to your NTHEA account by following this link: https://www.nthea.com/loans/.
- Select the “Make a Payment” tab.
- There will be a box that says “special request for payment.” This is where you need to fill in the amount that has to be paid and the date that you would like to pay that amount. Set your amount to the remaining balance of the loan and the payment date to thirty (30) days from the current date.
National Education Servicing (NES) Payoff Instructions
- Log on to your account
- On the main account page, under the demographic information tab will be the pay-off amount calculator
- Enter 30 days into the calculator in order to get your thirty (30) day pay-off amount.
Granite State (GSMR) Payoff Instructions
- Logon to your GSMR account at https://gsmr.myloanmanager.com/.
- On this page you can view your current outstanding balance.
- If in repayment, take 30 days’ worth of daily interest payments then add this to your current outstanding balance in order to calculate your thirty (30) day pay-off amount.
- Kentucky Higher Education Student Loans Corporation (KSLC)
- Visit www.kheslc.com.
- Logon to your account.
- Click on “Loan Payoff Calculator” on the left hand side of the page.
- Enter 30 days into the calculator.
- Your 30 day pay-off amount will be displayed.
ESCA Payoff Instructions
- Logon to your online personal account by following this link https://borrower.ecsi.net/.
- Select the “Balance and Billing” tab.
- Click on “Current Account Balance.”
- Add up the two dollar amounts listed under the “Current Balance” and “Current Interest” tabs. The sum of these two dollar amounts is your thirty (30) day pay-off amount.
- Georgia Student Finance Commission
- To access your information, call (770) 724-9000 or visit www.pathways2gsfa.org.
- Log in or create an account. (Anyone who has not logged on before February 2013 will have to create an account).
- Once you are logged in, click on the “Account Management” tab.
- Select “Loan Details.”
- Your thirty (30) day pay-off loan amount will appear on this page.
EDSF/EdFinancial Payoff Instructions
- Logon to your Edfinancial account by following this link https://edfinancial.myloanmanager.com/Login.aspx.
- Click on the “View Payoff Details” tab next to your “Outstanding Balance” link in the “Account Snapshot” summary on the page.
- Under the “Select Number of Days” dropdown, choose “30” to find your thirty (30) day pay-off amount.
Tru Student Payoff Instructions
- To get a payoff amount, please contact customer service at (866) 869-1592.
University Accounting Services (UAS) Payoff Instructions
- Have your Social Security number and zip code in hand ready.
- Call 800-999-6227.
- To speak with a customer service representative, press 3, and follow the instructions provided.
Sallie Mae Payoff Instructions
- Go to https://www.salliemae.com/.
- Log in with your personal username and password.
- Select the loan that you would like a payoff quote for. This will take you to the “Loan Details” page.
- At the bottom of that page, select the Loan Payoff Calculator link.
- Enter the date for a 30-day payoff in the calculator.
- Click on “Calculate.”
- The calculator will then generate your payoff amount which is valid for the next 30 days.
- If you have questions or need assistance obtaining your payoff amount, you can contact Sallie Mae at 800-472-5543.
NELNET Payoff Instructions
- Go to http://www.nelnet.com/home.aspx.
- Log in to your account with your personal username and password.
- Click on the “View Payoff Details” link. It is located next to the Outstanding Balance amount.
- To calculate your 30-day payoff, use the “Select Number of Days” dropdown option at the top of the page.
- Select “30” from the dropdown menu.
- Make note of your 30-day payoff amount.
- If you have questions or need assistance obtaining your 30-day payoff, you can contact Nelnet at 888-486-4722.
Navient Payoff Instructions
- Go to https://www.navient.com/loan-customers/.
- Enter your personal user ID and password.
- Click on the “LogIn” button.
- Select the loan you wish to receive a payoff quote for.
- Click on “Loan Payoff Calculations.”
- Be sure to save a copy of the 30-day payoff.
- To speak with a representative for questions or assistance, call 800-722-1300.
Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority (MOHELA) Payoff Instructions
- Go to https://www.mohela.com/.
- Enter your username and click the “Login” button.
- Enter your password and click on “Continue.”
- Select “Payoff Calculator” under the Payment Assistance tab.
- Select your preferred payoff method from the listed options (Online, Phone or Mail).
- Select your payoff date for 30 days from the current date.
- Select which loans you would like to pay off (you may choose more than one) and click on “Calculate.”
Your payoff results will be shown, and you will be able to print out the details of your payoff estimate. If you have trouble obtaining a payoff amount, you can call 888-866-4352. Be sure to specify that a 30-day payoff is needed.
American Education Services (AES) Payoff Instructions
- Go to https://login.aessuccess.org/accountAccess/index.cfm.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Select “Continue” and enter into your Account Summary.
- Select “Payments & Billing.”
- Select “Loan Payoff” (this can be found in the leftmost column).
- Select the loans that you want to request a payoff for.
- Select the 30-day payoff date from today’s date.
- Select “Request A Payoff Amount.”
- The system will then calculate your payoff amount total.
Great Lakes Payoff Instructions
- Go to https://www.mygreatlakes.org/.
- Click on the “Log In” button.
- Enter your personal user ID and click the “Continue” button.
- Enter your PIN number and click “Continue.”
- Enter your personal Password and click “Continue.”
- Select “Payments” in the top navigation bar, and then click on the first option in the dropdown menu titled “Manage Payments.”
- Click on “Calculate Payoff Amount.”
- Use the “Choose Payoff Date” field to select the date 30 days from today. Next click the “Calculate” button.
- Your 30-day Payoff Amount is shown below.
Fed Loan Servicing Payoff Instructions
- Go to https://accountaccess.myfedloan.org.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Select “Loan Payoff” under the Payments & Billing header.
- Select the loan that you wish to pay off.
- Click on the “Request A Payoff Amount” button.
- Enter your desired payoff information.
- Be sure to save a copy of your payoff statement.
- Repeat this process for each of the loans that you wish to pay off.
- Alternatively, you can speak with a FedLoan Servicing Agent. Call 800-699-2