Effective Date: October 31, 2014
Information We Collect
We collect personally identifiable information (“PII”), which is any information about an individual maintained by an agency, including:
- information about an individual that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, such as first and last names, social security number, date and place of birth, mother’s maiden name, or biometric records; and
- any other information that is linked or linkable to an individual, such as medical information, educational information, financial information, employer information, email address, IP addresses or other online contact information, or telephone number.
We collect this information in two ways. First, we collect information you provide to us in optional, voluntary registration forms or requests for customer services. Second, some information may be collected automatically.
How We Collect Information
We may receive information through a variety of methods including but not limited to:
- From You. We collect information entered by you on our site in connection with the services offered by Loanscribe.
- Third Party Sources. We may obtain information from third parties including credit reports and personal demographic information. NOTE: we do not pull credit reports without your expressed authorization.
- What is a cookie?
- “A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing that website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information (such as items in a shopping cart) or to record the user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited by the user as far back as months or years ago)”. (Information provided by Wikipedia, you can also visit them for more information on cookies at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie)
- Functionality and Cookies
- Opting Out of Cookies
- You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You may also change your cookie settings through preferences options, where applicable.
- Loanscribe never gives away information about our users.
- Google Analytics
- We use analytics tools and other third party technologies, such as Google Analytics to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our online website. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information.
- “Google Analytics is a service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about a website‘s traffic and traffic sources and measures conversions and sales. The product is aimed at marketers as opposed to webmasters and technologists from which the industry of web analytics originally grew. It is the most widely used website statistics service. “ (Information provided by Wikipedia, you can also visit them for more information on Google Analytics at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Analytics)
- You may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- AdWords Remarketing
- You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin. Google has additional information available about their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions.
How We Use Information
We use your information or PII, such as first and last names, social security number, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, employer information to provide you with a comprehensive streamlined “risk-based” approach to financing, refinancing, or consolidating your student loan debt.
We may use your information to:
- Deliver services and products;
- Manage and maintain customer support;
- Communicate with you;
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns; and
- Internal management purposes.
We may share non-PII with third parties at our sole discretion.
How We Disclose Personal Information
Loanscribe is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of your personal and corporate information.
Customer information may only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless the customer has otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. We may also disclose your information in connection with a transaction involving the sale of our business, a merger, consolidation, corporate restructure, asset sale, or other substantial event.
Customer information may only be retained for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
Sharing of Your Information
Loanscribe transfers your personal information to websites maintained by third parties (each a “Partner”). If you submit a request for quotes for a product or services offered through this website, we share the PII contained in your request form (such as your first and last names, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, social security number, and employer information) with our Partners, who work with us so that we can provide you with the highest quality of service. By submitting an application on Loanscribe, you hereby expressly authorize Loanscribe to submit your PII and other information to our Partners. Please note that our Partners may retain or use your information, irrespective of whether you used their services and you should contact our Partners directly concerning their privacy and information sharing policies.
People Under 18
We do not knowingly seek or collect PII from users under the age of 18.
Safeguarding Your Information
Loanscribe utilizes the latest security and encryption technologies software to protect your information. Loanscribe uses security measures and procedures such as limiting access to PII only to those employees and contractors who require the information and enforcing strict password and access protocols.
Handling Customer Complaints and Suggestions
Customers may direct any questions or inquiries with respect to the privacy principles outlined above or about our practices by contacting the us as follows:
1740 Oak Tree Road
Edison, NJ 08820
If you would like to unsubscribe, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes and Updates to This Policy
Loanscribe assists consumers by providing professional student loan financing, refinancing, and debt consolidation preparation, filing and monitoring services. Like filing a tax return, you can file a student loan consolidation without professional assistance and without charge at http://loanconsolidation.ed.gov. This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the U.S. Department of Education.